Wednesday, November 18, 2015

So sometimes, I get to go to Korea for Labor-day Weekend

Due to a series of miraculous occurrences, I was able to to go to Korea for Labor Day weekend.  Labor Day is an American holiday that happens on a the first Monday of September.

There aren't really any traditions associated with it anymore, so people just use the long weekend to take short vacations.

I was originally planning on going to the slot canyons here in Utah, because I still haven't been . . . and I've lived in Utah on and off for quite some time.  (Which is a bit embarrassing.)

But Korea! (Sometimes people ask me if I'm talking about North or South Korea--when they do, I give them this look:)



The combination of my awesome job giving me the time off, and the unreal low price of flights, and also, my friend's company paying for our hotel stay, made it happen.  (I did give up several smaller things I budgeted, such as a hair cut, rock climbing shoes, and a gym membership for the next year, but it was worth it!)

Anyway, I intend to post pictures eventually, but until then, admire these beautiful, famous Koreans:





No comments:

Post a Comment